Sunday, August 24, 2008

SummerFest '08

Several volunteers from the Pregnancy Resouce Center East in Baytown manned a booth at SummerFest. Sat. 23 rd.

I was priviledged to share their booth with my books, and with two adorable girls Bethany and Alexandra.
Our presidential candidates answered some imporant questions in the media. Each was asked his understanding of when life begins.
My answer is found in Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you". God is saying that from conception, before cell division, etc. there is life.
Isaiah 44:2 says "I am your creator. You were in my care even before you were born." When I look at my adopted son Darrell, blind and profoundly retarded, do to shaken baby syndrom, I don't blame God for his imperfect life, because I know that God's purpose for Darrell's life is that I tell his story to pregant and parenting young people to teach them about the devistation of post partum depression and child abuse prevention. I also talk to them about the loving option of making an adoption plan for thier child.

2 comments:

Ey Wade said...

I hope your book sale went well. I applaud you on your quest.
Soon I will have an infant center up and running and plan on having parenting classes and conferences I will definitely seek you as a speaker.

grandma-on-the-go.blogspot.com said...

I'll be more than happy to speak to your parenting classes.