Sunday, August 03, 2008

Inspirational Writers Alive! Conference

Saturday was a day of surprises. I attended the IWA conference at First Baptist Church, Houston, with several members of the Agape Chapter of IWA. I was awarded honorable mention for my book proposal for A Venture of Faith .
I am with DiAnn Mills, author of several women's novels, a wonderful mentor and inspiration to the writing of this novel.
I had entered this contest back in the spring when the proposal was in its beginning stages. The manuscript has progressed since then. and is nearing completion.
The photo on the right is with Terry Burns, an agent with Hartline Literary Agency who is working with me to pitch A Venture in Faith.

3 comments:

Ey Wade said...

Whooohoo! Way to go. I wish you all the best. I have to work on a book proposal for that history book and a few others turning to mouse food in the bottom of the closet. Congrats on the award.

Laurie Kolp said...

Congratulations, Carol! Your hard work and dedication are paying off. You are an inspiration to me.

Laurie

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Wow Carol. Keep hitting it out of the ball park. We are all so very proud of you